We are excited to bring World IA Day back to Toronto for 2021! Last year, WIAD Toronto 2020 (hosted at Shopify) featured 11 fantastic speakers from industry and attracted over 150 attendees. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, WIAD 2021 will be hosted virtually on February 27, 2021.
To reserve your ticket, view our program, & receive updates, click here!
Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event is organized by students at the University of Toronto Faculty of Information. Open to all!
Venue, parking and transit
Design Jam: February 26, 2021 (Friday)
Main Event: February 27, 2021 (Saturday)
This event is being held fully online with Vi.to.
Be sure to register on Eventbrite! In the week leading up to the event, you will be emailed a link to join the event on Vi.to, as well as other important information.
We are also using Slack and Glimpse for virtual networking opportunities, so be sure to check out those links too once you are in the WIAD Toronto Vi.to Hub.
Again, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
- Renn Scott: Product Design Innovation & Strategy, Myant Inc
- Veda Chatterjee: UX Lead, Myant Inc.
- Kate Wilhelm -- “Apertures and Lenses: Letting in Light & Finding the RIght Focus Through Curiosity & Empathy”
- Farwa Kazmi -- TBA
- Panel Discussion with Jane, Majid, Rebecca, and Stella -- TBA
- Keith Schengili-Roberts -- "Information Architects in Technical Communications & the Related Subject of Content Strategy"
- Michael Priestley -- “Topic-oriented IA for Very Large Websites”
- Joyce Lam -- “Microcontent: I see you there!”
- Artash Nath -- "Building Artificially Intelligent Robots with Child-like Curiosity"
- Ayman Abouelnasr -- "How Digital Accessibility Affects Information Architecture to Boost the UX of Digital Products"
- Josh Anderson -- "Landing an IA job in 2021"
- Neman Syed -- "Killing More Cats: Is Curiosity Worth It?"
- Pollie Barden -- “Be A Curious Listener”
Find out more about each speaker in the profiles below!