If you would like to follow our progress, volunteer to assist or sponsor to ensure a wonderful experience, please get in touch:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @WIAD_Austin
- Registration site: wiadatx2019.eventbrite.com
- Newsletter sign-up: @WorldIADayAustin
Register for your free ticket on our Eventbrite site - https://wiadatx2019.eventbrite.com
Now in its eighth year, World Information Architecture Day is a one-day annual celebration hosted by the Information Architecture Institute and held in dozens of locations across the globe.
The theme of this year's celebration is Design for Difference. So, what differences are we designing for?
- Difference in ability and disability
- Difference in access to information and technology
- Difference in language and cultural understanding
- Difference in age, gender, and identity
- Difference in experience
Get the Latest News
Want to get the latest news and updates about the event via email? Sign up for our newsletter!
Thank you to our local sponsors!
Venue, parking and transit
- Parking for this event is free and directly in front of the building. The fastest way to Building 7 is to take the entrance for Building 8 and 9. Building 7 will be the building to the right at the end of the parking lot.
|9:00 am||Breakfast ? ☕️|
|9:20 am||Welcome and Opening remarks|
|9:30 am||Juanpablo Wright|
When Design Cohesiveness Breaks the Experience: A design research case study of unifying two independent platforms with two distinct users bases
Sketching as an Idea Generator: Tactile Techniques to Think More Divergently
|12:05 pm||Snacks ? ? ?|
Intro to Accessibility Language for UX Designers
|1:05 pm||WIAD ATX Closing|