Thank-you Victoria for choosing to Design for Difference and for making the first World IA Day Victoria a success!
Want to keep up on future UX happenings in Victoria?
Be sure to check out the UX Victoria Meetup group.
WIAD 2019 photos are available on the UX Victoria Meet-up site! More photos coming soon…
Have any good photos? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next Year's World IA Day is February 22, 2020!
Want to speak, sponsor, volunteer or run a workshop for next year's World IA Day Victoria? It's not too early to get involved!
We have a number of prestigious speakers both locally and beyond to share on a variety of topics.
Presentation notes Now available! See each the individual speakers pages for talk details…
- 8:00 - 8:30 am, Early bird networking & set-up
- 8:30 - 8:45 am, Welcome and Introductions
- 8:45 - 10:15 am, IA for the Artificial and the Real
- Marianne Sweeny from the Information Architecture Institute
- 10:15 - 10:30 am, Morning Break
- 10:30 - 11:00 am, Accommodating Different Perceptions of Colour
- Liv MacIntosh of VERB Interactive
- 11:00 - 12:00 pm, Universal Design for Learning Materials
- 12:00 - 1:00 pm, Lunch (by Truffles Catering)
- 12:30 - 1:00 pm, Accessibility lab
- 1:00 - 1:15 pm, Welcome back
- 1:15 - 2:15 pm, Generating Positive Turbulence to make space for Difference
- Karyn Zuidinga of NextWAVE Innovation Inc.
- 2:15 - 3:00 pm, Designing for Inclusion and Belonging
- Aaron Johnson of Benevity
- 3:00 - 3:15 pm, Afternoon Break
- 3:15 - 3:30 pm, Decolonizing Practices and IA
- Vanessa (Myho) Makiyama UX Researcher, Freelancer
- 3:30 - 4:15 pm, Why your design system is like a subway
- Jen Reiher of Benevity
- 4:15 - 4:30 pm, Thank-you and closing
Local Partners and Sponsors
Our Host: Camosun College
The School of Trades & Technology plays a vital role in training the tradespeople, technicians, technologists and artisans on Southern Vancouver Island. We offer a variety of programs and courses, from the trades or technologies, an Engineering bridging program, to through Continuing Education for your own personal interest.
Gold: Verb Interactive
Our Gold sponsor is VERB Interactive Inc.
VERB is a conversion-focused agency, bringing real revenue to your travel business through digital marketing. We create beautiful, immersive platforms that drive measurable results for your business.
Silver: Benevity, Inc.
Our Silver sponsor is Benevity Inc.
Since its inception in 2008, Benevity has had the privilege of working with some of the world's most iconic brands and is continuing to assist some of the largest global companies to more deeply engage their employees and customers with community involvement and prosocial impact.
Our Bronze sponsor is AbeBooks an amazon company
AbeBooks is an online marketplace for books, fine art and collectibles where you can discover and buy the things you love. Trusted independent sellers from around the world offer for sale millions of new, used and rare books, as well as art and collectibles through the AbeBooks websites.