Spend a day in lively discussion and learning around information architecture, the online world’s most crucial discipline. Nashville, TN has been chosen as one of 15 cities from around the globe as a 2013 center for World IA Day. Practitioners from many fields will share their ideas, best practices, and real-world implementations. A Day for IA’s format is a mix of presentations, break-out sessions, and informal networking.
A Day for IA is created by academics, practitioners, technologists and business leaders motivated to improve information architecture practice, to create community conversation, and promote growth of the field.
Venue, parking and transit
Jean & Alexander Heard Library, Vanderbilt University
419 21st Ave South Nashville, TN 37240
You may be able to find parking on the street nearby and plenty of paid parking is available in the Wesley Place Garage across 21st Avenue from the Vanderbilt University Library.
A Day for IA is a free event, thanks to the generosity of the Information Architecture Institute, Vanderbilt University, and Populr.
You must register to attend Nashville’s World IA Day event. Registration is free!
Confirmed speakers/panelists include:
- Tyrale Bloomfield, User Experience Designer, Healthcare Management Systems, Inc.
- Jay Cowan, Research Information Systems Engineer, Vanderbilt University Office of Research Informatics.
- Justin Davis, Founder & CEO, Madera Labs, an interactive product design consultancy.
- J. Tod Fetherling, Founder & Chairman, Stratasan, providing advanced analytics of healthcare data.
- Josh Goodwin, User Experience Designer, Healthcare Management Systems, Inc.
- Rogers P. Hall, Professor and Chair, Dept. of Teaching & Learning, Peabody College, Vanderbilt University.
- Nicholas Holland, Founder, President & CEO of centresource, web interactive agency. Founder & CEO of Populr.me
- Tom Noser, Associate Vice-President, Healthstream.
- Laurie Lovett Novak, Asst. Professor of Biomedical Infomatics at the Center for Research & Information in Safety Systems, Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Novak researches the implementation of large-scale clinical information systems.
- Mark Ott, Rounding Well, patient relationship management
- Bart Renner, Palindrome Interactive Brand Narratives
- Janice Reese, owner, Network PDF, Inc.
- Jared Scheel, Co-founder & CEO of Populr.me
- Douglas Schmidt, Professor and Assoc. Chair of Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science, Vanderbilt University.
- Pratim Sengupta, Asst. Professor, Dept. of Teaching & Learning, Peabody College, Vanderbilt University.
- Shari Thurow, pioneer in search-engine friendly Web site design, founder and SEO Director of Omni Marketing Interactive, and author of Search Engine Visibility.
Check-in, coffee & networking
MOOCs, Learning & Mobility
Pratim Sengupta, Rogers Hall & Doug Schmidt (Vanderbilt University)
How Information is Changing Healthcare
J. Tod Fetherling (Stratasan), Laurie Novak (Center for Research & Information in Safety Systems, Vanderbilt University Medical Center)
Micro-publishing: Speed and Agility vs. Accuracy & Planning
Nicholas Holland and Jared Scheel (Populr.me)
SEO and IA: Understanding the Business Value of IA
Shari Thurow (Omni Marketing Interactive)
Developing an IA/UX Community
Bart Renner (Palindrome Interactive Brand Narratives),
Justin Davis (Madera Labs),
Karen Wieckert (UX practitioner across industries, institutions, & innovations)
Information Architecture in the Biomedical Research Domain
Jay Cowan, Research Information Systems Engineer, Office of Research Informatics, Vanderbilt University
Developing Organizational Competency in UX
Mark Ott (Rounding Well),
Tyrale Bloomfield & Josh Goodwin (Healthcare Management Systems),
Tom Noser (Healthstream)