World IA Day Boston 2019 is a one-day event celebrating information architecture and this year's global theme, Design for Difference.
- Richard Saul Wurman in conversation with Special Guests including:
- Abi Jones, Google AI Healthcare
- Mahima Pushkarna, Google AI
- Heather O'Neill, Pixels for Humans
- Alba Villamil, Independent UX Researcher
- Dan Klyn, The Understanding Group
Update as of 2/20: We will have ASL interpreters at the event!
Venue, parking and transit
Massachusetts College of Art and Design, Tower Auditorium
621 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Main entrance: Enter through the Design and Media Center doors. This entrance is fully accessible.
We strongly encourage using public transportation.
- Green Line: Take the E line to the Longwood stop.
- Orange Line or Commuter Rail: Go to Ruggles Station, then walk 5 minutes to MassArt or take the CT2 bus bound for Kendall Square, and exit at Huntington and Longwood Ave.
- Bus: The following bus routes include stops at or near MassArt: #39, CT2, #65, #8, #47, #66
- Station closures: Note that shuttles are replacing some stations on the Red Line and Green Line D. See MBTA alerts for details.
For accessibility information, see Accessibility on the MBTA at mbta.com.
We strongly encourage taking public transportation, as parking is not available on MassArt’s campus.
Parking is available at several commercial facilities nearby. See MassArt's website for recommendations. Hourly rates vary: https://massart.edu/maps-parking
Accessible parking: Limited street parking is available, but not guaranteed, on Evans Way across from the MassArt building. Alternatively, there is a loading/unloading area by the accessible entrance on Evans Way.
We are committed to making this an inclusive and accessible event. We welcome people with disabilities. For questions about accessibility or to request an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests should be made as soon as possible.
Update as of February 20: Our event will include ASL interpretation!
Design for Difference involves designing through conversation. Diverse points of view come together in dialogue, giving us a deeper understanding of ourselves and the world around us. For this year’s World IA Day, we’ve planned a series of conversations and talks with a varied list of speakers, special guests, and you (the audience).
- 8:00 am – 9:15 am: Registration & Coffee/Networking
- 9:15 am – 9:30 am: Opening Remarks
- 9:30 am – 10:30 am: A Conversation with Richard Saul Wurman and Moshe Safdie: An on-stage conversation between life-long friends and fellow students of Louis Kahn.
- 10:30 am – 10:45 am: Break
- 10:45 am – 12:00 pm: A Conversation with Richard Saul Wurman and Special Guests including David Gallo
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm: Lunch (provided)
- 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm: Lightning talks and discussion with Abi Jones, Mahima Pushkarna, Heather O’Neill, Alba Villamil and Dan Klyn
This is a rain or shine event. We'll see you on February 23rd!